The true definition of expression is the process of making known one’s deepest thoughts or feelings. We all express ourselves in many different ways and it is so important to have an outlet where you can truly reveal yourself. As humans, we are all unique and special. Self-expression allows us to communicate our thoughts, ideas, and passions. I wanted to share with you the top 5 ways I like to express myself creatively.
1) Fashion – I started out as a “fashionista” at a very early age. Ever since I was a little girl my grandmother would dress me up in outfits for every occasion. I remember she would have me pose in front of her bedroom door and take pictures of me. I loved every moment of it and now I do the very same thing with my own daughter. Through clothes we get to show off our individuality. Our personality and mood play a big part in our clothing selection. I try to have fun and wear what makes me feel good!
2) Makeup – I believe that our face is a beautiful canvas. Of course we should embrace our natural beauty, but it can be a great form of creative expression that allows you to enhance your personal features. Makeup is whatever you want it to be and that’s the beauty of it. Whether you wear no makeup, a little makeup, or a face full of glam it’s your choice. I notice my makeup ideas change often depending on my mood, the season, a special occasion, etc. It’s all about having fun and just being yourself.
3) Photography – I have always enjoyed taking pictures as well as being photographed myself. I recently got my first professional camera as a gift and I absolutely love it. Photography is a wonderful way to capture emotion, beauty, memories, and expression through the eyes and mind of the photographer. Every photograph you see has a story behind it. I take pleasure in taking pictures of things that represent what I love and that are significant to me.
4) Poetry – One of my passions has always been writing. As a child I was always either writing in one of my journals/diaries or you’d find me writing in my poetry book. I was a very deep thinker growing up and I still am to this day. I love listening to music and getting lost in my thoughts. As an over-thinker it’s such a release to make everything in your mind come alive on paper.
5) Dance – Dancing on the weekends with my girlfriends used to be a guilty pleasure of mine. Nowadays I usually find myself dancing in the kitchen while cooking a meal for my family. There’s just something about the music that generates a feeling throughout your whole body and completely takes you away. It’s such a euphoric feeling. Music can calm you, energize, or even release pent-up emotions all depending on the genre.
Please comment below and let me know some of the ways you like to
express yourself. I’m always open to other ideas as well. If you’re in search for new fashion looks, love skincare/makeup, healthy eating or fitness please, subscribe. I will be featuring new fashion looks weekly. I’ll also be posting reviews on skincare and makeup products as well as giving healthy recipe ideas and fitness tips.